The marketing unit located within the Industry Operations Divisions of the Coffee Industry Corporations Ltd. The marketing unit is responsible for investigating and developing policy recommendations on promotion and marketing of PNG coffee domestically and overseas that will enhance the export value of PNG coffee. Some major functions are;
- Investigate issues on coffee marketing and promotion both locally and abroad and assist with the implementation of the Corporation’s marketing strategies and promotion.
- Research and publish reports on both the international and domestic market conditions/developments/requirements.
- Prepare and undertake coffee promotion in PNG.
- Build and strengthen capacity of smallholder growers and marketing groups to enhance their value of their coffee, including coordinating the Freight Surety Scheme.
- Prepare and undertake marketing research and analyze marketing information for stakeholders in PNG and abroad.