The Secretariat comprises:
- Board secretariat;
- Industry support coordination;
- Public relations; and
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation.
These are offices and functions that report directly to the CEO.
Board Secretariat and Industry Relations
The main functions of the secretariat include:
- secretarial and support duties to the Board,
- administer CIC policies, Act and Constitution,
- conduct of AGMs and Board meetings,
- preparation and lodgement of annual returns and reports,
- provide support services to the industry subsectors,
- management of legal matters,
- manage public relations activities and support to CEO’s office.
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Office
The PM & E supports the coordination and administers all programs and projects in the CIC. The PM & E provides the necessary liaison between EXCO and the CIC’s project teams. The project teams may be located in PM & E or elsewhere depending on circumstances such as the size of the project team, term of the project, logistics issues and others.
A full time PM & E Manager reporting to CEO will manage the Projects office. Functions performed by the PM&E include:
- Facilitate CIC’s planning, monitoring and evaluation process;
- Acting as a catalyst for the projects process;
- Tracking, analysing and collating project reports;
- Reporting on the progress of projects against planned milestones, and act as an early warning mechanism for the EXCO on project slippage;
- Undertaking a quality control function on the CIC project process, providing guidance to the project teams and input to the EXCO as necessary.