The position will report to the Chief Scientist and requires persons who possess the following minimum qualification requirement and attributes, should apply addressing the following criteria;
- The ideal person we seek to appoint must have Masters/PhD in Agriculture Science, Entomology or Biological Sciences or equivalent from a recognized University.
- The ideal person must conduct technical field inspections and laboratory studies directed at the identification, classification and control of insects that may have an adverse effect on the environment and coffee.
- S/he must have analytical and evaluations skills and makes recommendations on insect damage or potential damage to coffee crop; provides information and training to staff and the general public including coffee farmers on insect detection, identification and pest control methods.
- The suitably qualified person must be willing to assists in pest exclusion, nursery regulation and pesticide use enforcement.
- S/he must have effective liaison skills in cooperating with universities and other agencies in coordinating insect control programs such as assists in the deployment of beneficial parasites and predators for biological control of target pests.
- The ideal person for the position must have scientific plan and ideas to control, maintain and contain the Coffee Berry Bora (CBB) incursion in PNG.
- The jobholder must have publications in reputable journals with more than 5 years at similar level.
The compensation for services and other employment terms and conditions will be discussed at interview. Written applications are invited from suitably qualified person with a current CV, copies of Certificates and 3 references forwarded to the address below. Application close at COB 06/09/2019.
Forward written applications to:
The Human Resources Manager
Industry Operations Division
Coffee Industry Corporation Ltd
PO Box 137
Email applications are strongly encouraged in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Charles Dambui
Chief Executive Officer