Coffee for Specialty & Niche Markets
The demand for Specialty coffee is apparent the world over and in PNG this is no exception. CIC undertook a project to identify farmer groups that have the potential of entering specialty & niche markets.
A total of fourteen (14) groups were selected as they were well established groups that have been involved in the production of coffee for a number of years. These groups are located in the main coffee growing provinces of PNG: Eastern Highlands Province, Western Highlands Province & Simbu Province.
Eastern Highlands Province (EHP)
The following are farmer groups located in two (2) districts of the Eastern Highlands Province.
- Tiredne Coffee Cooperative Group (Henganofi District)
- Timuza Coffee Cooperative Group (Kainantu District)
- Nagamiufa Coffee Cooperative Group (Goroka District)
Simbu Province (Simbu)
The following are farmer groups located in five (5) districts of the Simbu Province.
- Mindima Coffee Farmer Group (Kundiawa District)
- Daniel Godoga Coffee Farmer Group (Kerowagi District)
- Kobal Coffee Farmer Group (Gumine District)
- Kapmawapo Coffee Farmer Group (Sinesine District)
- Arosubamo Coffee Farmer Group (Chuave District)
Western Highlands Province (WHP)
The following are farmer groups located in six (6) districts of the Western Highlands Province.
- Lumba Coffee Farmer Group (Baiyer District)
- Nobal Tai Coffee Farmer Group (Anglimp/South Waghi District)
- Paunda Coffee Farmer Group (Nebilyer District)
- Tikil Wopkola Coffee Farmer Group (Mul District)
- Pundu Kas Coffee Farmer Group (Hagen Central District)
- Walep Kamil Coffee Farmer Group (Jimi District)